14th January 2016: Interviewed by Marty Switzer on what are the key drivers and trends in the digital space. What is the importance of data and how can it fuel customer insights and aid business in making informed strategic decisions. All of this and more covered in the interview.
I have been in the digital industry in Australia since 1996. I specialise in strategy & planning, solution definition, technical specifications, procurement advisory, digital marketing & large scale project management. During this time, I have worked with some amazing talent – the most impressive and competent of which I have taken with me into Digital Rehab.
During my career, I have formed and ran a series of innovative, profitable and reputable digital marketing agencies and now have chosen the consulting path which offers me a greater ability to partner with my clients and to offer up far greater value.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards & Career Highlights
- Running successful online marketing and creative agencies for 18 years in Sydney, Melbourne & Perth.
- Owning and self funding 4 Australian start-ups
- BRW Young Gun, 2006 – cited as 1 of 10 leading digital guns
- BRW Top Entrepreneurs under 30, 2007
- Growing agency sales from $1.2m in 2006 to $3.2m by 2008, $750k to $1.4m in 2009, $250k to $1.85m in 2012
- Successfully selling agency into BlueFreeway Limited (ASX:BLU) now owned by IPMG
- Merging agency with another to realise operational synergies
- Have taken part in two acquisitions, one merger and one company divisional breakup
- Numerous guest lectures/presentations at University Sydney, University of New South Wales, Sydney TAFE on topics such as entrepreneurship and trends in online advertising & marketing
- Appointed Chairman of the Internet Industry Association (IIA) Marketing Taskforce and developed an industry-wide Code of Ethics that is designed to provide guidance to industry practitioners and provide consumers with confidence in their dealings with signatories to the Code
- Executive of the National Policy Advisory Panel responsible for crafting policy recommendations for the Rudd government which will greatly impact upon the future of the internet industry
- Mentor and business coach to young entrepreneurs